The Language Laboratory, the first of its kind in Ghana, is a gift from the government of France. Established in the early seventies, it has been a great learning aid for those who wish to study foreign languages. Fully equipped with speakers, headphones, communication controls and a master identification and signal system, the lab seats forty students. It is also used by the local University of Cape Coast.
The Library and Computer Centre
The tremendous student population growth experienced by Adisadel College in recent years has put a great burden on old facilities like the library. Built in 1936 for a student population of 300, the library can no longer serve the current population of 2000 students. The current computer center does not have enough equipment for student use. Adisadel College appeals to all Santaclausians and friends of Adisadel to help fund a new library and computer center.
Please send your donations to:
Library Fund, Account No. 0100-139-006400, Standard Chartered Bank, Ring Road Central, Accra, Ghana.
St. Nicholas Chapel
Situated atop a twenty foot retaining wall at the upper campus overlooking a valley of lush tropical reserve is the historic St. Nicholas Chapel. Completed in 1936 as part of the upper campus expansion, this historic edifice epitomizes the religious roots of Adisadel College, which was established to train young boys for the Anglican Priesthood in 1910. A fairly large chapel in its time, it holds about 800 parishioners to full capacity. It has one floor level with? high ceiling. A choir deck is located on a second level at the back. of the church and is accessible by a crafted wooden spiral staircase. The outer shell of the building is made of partially polished stone set in medieval type mortar mix. The St. Nicholas Chapel has received many of the Anglican Church hierarchy that includes one time Archbishop of Canterbury,? Rt. Rev. Cosmo Gordon Lang. It is also a regular venue of the Ghana Anglican Synod. Run by the school chaplain
and student servers, services are offered twice on Sunday and on most days that commemorate saintly fiestas. The terraced back entrance of the chapel has served as the site of many an Adisadel class photo shoot.
The T. J. Drury Gymnasium was established in the late sixties in honor of of Thomas J. Drury, Adisadel Headmaster from 1959-1963. It was built in 1963 and equipped with the aid of the People's Republic of China. It has an indoor basketball court and an open air badminton court. Gymnastic equipments like the horse, trampoline and parallel bars are available. Temporarily used as a dinning hall, the parquet wooden floor of the gymnasium needs to be renovated.
New Classroom Block
A new block of 16 classrooms has been constructed as an addition to the
facilities on campus to cater for the growing number of boys at Adisadel. This
new block was commissioned by the Vice-President of Ghana His Excellency,
Alhaji Aliu Mahama during the Speech and Prize Giving Day in March 2008.
Contact us | View site map